What should I do if I am having issues while MSN signing in? | North Carolina
We’re currently experiencing some issues with the sign in page. You can fix this yourself with the steps below:
Ensure all TLS security settings are enabled in Internet Explorer:
Make sure that the TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2, SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 options are enabled in Internet Explorer.
To do this, click Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and scroll down to the Security section and check the boxes labeled TLS 1.0,TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2, SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 and then click Apply > Ok.
Close Internet Explorer and MSN and start MSN again and attempt to log in. If you’re still having issues logging in move on to the steps below to reset your browser and add MSN as a trusted site for Internet Explorer.
To reset your browser:
- Close all Internet Explorer windows and MSN Explorer.
- Reset Internet Explorer back to defaults:For Windows 7 and below use this Fix it to reset Internet Explorer back to its default.
b. For Windows 8 or 8.1 manually reset Internet Explorer by following these steps.
- Open MSN Explorer and attempt to sign in again.
Note: Resetting Internet explorer will set all settings back to defaults. You may have to re-enable any customization settings such as home page, tool bars and other settings you may have changed before the reset.
To add a trusted site to Internet Explorer:
- Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
- Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Internet options.
- Tap or click the Security tab, choose one of the security zone icons (Local intranet, Trusted sites, or Restricted sites), and then tap or click Sites.
- If you chose Local intranet in the previous step, tap or click Advanced, and then do the following:Add a site—enter a URL into the Add this website to the zone box, and then tap or click Add.
Need Help? Call 1-800-862-9240 Toll-Free 24*7 Customer support number